Sunday, November 29, 2009

quick update from Francini's car. :)

So here I am, sitting in the car with my darling roommates Francini and Ariel. We’re coming back from Thanksgiving break with our various families… So I suppose it’s time for an update of sorts. It’s been quite a while and I’ve had requests for a new post. SO! Here it is.
Where to start? How about our favorite subject… Steven? Yes. Well, the pregnancy test was negative so he was planning to go become a Samurai in Japan yadda yadda yadda… after that day we didn’t talk for a good two or three weeks, ish. I started doing the tech for Frog and Toad, and on the second run of the show at intermission, he approached me at the stage while I was cleaning up, and said, “Alexa!” and I gave him a whatthehellareyoudoinghere face and said, “yes?” and he held out an opened package of cookies from the student café. He said, “Want a cookie?” and I said, “Um… sure.” I took the cookie, and he ran off. I got backstage and gave it to my Stage Manager and told her it was from my ex boyfriend, and to be careful because it may or not be poisoned. She ate it anyway. I later texted him and said, “Thanks for the cookie” just to be nice. Well at this point, I still hadn’t gotten my period. I sent him another text saying something along the lines of “hey, I just thought you should know, I still haven’t gotten my period. I’m still kinda nervous about being pregnant even though the tests came back negative. I may just be freaking myself out, but I just thought you should know.” Well after some correspondence, I told him that I was going to wait it out and see if I get my period. He then started texting me again, EVERY DAY. I gently told him to back off, so he did for a couple of days. Then I needed my birth certificate which I’d left in his glove box last time we went back north to visit family, so I asked him if he had it. He came and clipped it to the clip next to our front door and doorbell ditched us. …weirdo. He also came and clipped two things there: a piece of his ripped up temple recommend and a piece of my ripped up temple recommend. He also doorbell ditched that time too. Whatever. He started being really weird again and started saying crap about me falling out of love with him so suddenly… I told him off and he said, “Okay. Goodbye. Forever.” Good riddance.
Now as for Frank. Well, yes. Frank. He’s darling. We’ve spent a good amount of time together over the past couple of weeks thanks to the musical. One night I just needed some space from everyone, so I went down to Frank’s apartment and we watched a movie together. And he kissed me. Which was good. Unexpected, and different because I’ve never kissed a black guy. But… I told him that it couldn’t happen again. I told him that I really don’t kiss someone unless I’m dating them, and I wasn’t planning on dating again until I was about 22 ½. He said that he respected that. I hope he means it. So all this week while I’ve been out of town for Thanksgiving he’s been texting me and saying that he misses me. Which kinda almost bothered me, especially when he mentioned not minding waiting for a girl like me because I’m “amazing.” Well… thanks… but that sounds oddly familiar… cough-steven-cough. I just don’t want him setting his sights on me, and I certainly don’t want him thinking that he can lay claim on me. Like I told Ashley earlier… I am sick and tired of being an object.
My break has been going fairly well I suppose... I skipped class on Monday and Tuesday to come home a couple of days early. My great aunt – Aunt Rosolyn (My grandma’s sister who lives in St. George) and I drove up to Salt Lake on Monday afternoon. That was really good- I love her. We’ve had a terrible tragedy in the family. My other great aunt- Rosolyn and Grandma Myrna’s sister, Irene (my namesake) had a stroke last week and she’s been on life support ever since. She apparently has a 50/50 shot at living, but if she survives she’ll have a terrible quality of life. Her vital organs are very strong, but every time they try to take her off of the ventilator, her blood pressure skyrockets. There’s nothing the doctors can do to fix it, either. It’s been decided that she’ll be taken off of life support tomorrow. My grandma is beside herself with grief and anger. Which is completely understandable, especially since her daughter, Lisa (my mom’s only sister) passed away two years ago in February. So you can imagine her situation, losing both her daughter and her sister in the span of two years. It’s all very sad and I just wish I could do more to help her out. I’ll keep you updated on that…
And on top of all of that… well, church-wise? I’m doing alright. I have a real thirst for knowledge, I just need to develop a few good habits. I am diligently working with my bishop to get my temple recommend back. I don’t know, I’ve even been considering serving a mission. My roommate Francini is preparing herself to serve one, and the way she glows- more and more radiantly every day- is something I envy. A lot. I know I can glow like that. I’ve been that way before. I love myself so much when I’m to that point. I always said when I was growing up that I was going to serve a mission someday. I think that changed when I dated dumbhead Andrew. I remember him saying that women only serve missions if they can’t get married… which is true, to a degree. Some women do it for that reason. But for some… it’s a choice. It’s not official or set in stone yet… it’s just something I think I’d like to do. I have a little while to think about it. I think I’ll focus on things one at a time… let’s get my recommend back first, yes? It kinda sucks when all of my roommates leave to go do baptisms and I, well, I either stay home or go occupy myself on campus. It’s just sad… I know that I so easily could be where they are, but one little screw up kept me from it. Anyway, as I was studying my scriptures the other day, I came across a scripture that slapped me across the face. 2nd Nephi 4:27: “And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my soul? Why am I angry because of mine enemy? (28) Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.” So basically… the line I’ve been using to, well, sort of justify myself the past couple of years, “The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak,” yeah. That doesn’t really apply anymore. I have no excuse. It’s time to step up and take what is given so freely to me. It’s time to be worthy of the blessings that are just waiting to fall on me.


And well... that's that. For now. I have more to write regarding this weekend at home and fun times with katy and david and todd...
but yes, that is all. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Alexa! oh how I love you so much :) and i'm going to bug you about blogging more often because obviously it worked.
    boys are dumb.
    and i'm so proud of you!!! about the whole church thing. i don't think i could do it. and i know the mission isn't set in stone, but kudos for even thinking about it :) plus i'm proud of you for finding that scripture. that is awesome. my friend has the same problem you do and maybe i'll be able to share that with him sometime, idk how religious he is though yet. i am so proud of you for working so hard to get that. I know that God is proud of you :)

    i love you forever!

    ReplyDelete